Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday Blahs!

Well...its been a helluva week so far! Monday started off not so great...had a doctor's appointment due to extreme pain that I've been having underneath my rib cage for several days now, got a text message it's 6 a.m. for my coworker telling me that she was not want to be in because she had a migrain, immediately had to cancel my doctor's appointment. by the time 4 p.m. rolled around I was in excruciating painand told my boss that I had to leave. Headed straight to the ER. Since I am a breast cancer survivor, and was having chest pains I didn't even sit down in the ER. They took me in immediately and let me just say that the male nurse was absolutely HAWT!!!! that definitely makes things a little better :-) 4 and a half hours later, a big fat shot of morphine, a cat scan, chest xrays and an ultrasound of my liver and gallbladder the ER doctor proceeded to tell me that all test came back negative and they could find absolutely nothing wrong with me. Insert :-) here? Yes, I should have been happy that there was nothing found however, I'm really pissed about the fact that no 1 seems to be able to find out what is wrong with me and why I'm in so much pain! Stayed home from work yesterday, in bed all day still in excruciating pain.Drug myself to work this morning and then to a doctor's appointment at 12:20 . Oncologist said that it didn't seem to be breast related,so I needed to see my general physician. when I arrived for my appointment 15 minutes late (totally not normal for me, I'm a total time freak) the first thing out of doctor Wong's mouth was "where the heck if you been?" I quickly retorted "to hell and back" with a snicker and proceeded to explain the breast cancer....would you believe it? Doctor Wong is currently going through breast cancer also! terrible for her, and my prayers are so with her however it was a blessing for me because she understands completely what I'm going through (most people don't have a clue!) after an examination an hour and a half conversation it appears that I have IBS, as a result of the radiation and pain medication. No wonder I've gained 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks! I exited the office with new medication in tow and headed back to the office! Took the medicine when I returned to the officeand can I just tell you if that's the fastest working stuff I've ever had in my life! I'm feeling a little bit of relief already! So, overall it turned out to be a very productive day.

on top of that when I stepped on the scale this morning this is what I got!
yep down a little more than a pound already today! Can't beat that with a stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment